The Herkimer Arms is an affordable housing project using the CRA program. Through comprehensive architectural analysis and survey, JLA renovated the 1912 Greene & Greene designed apartment building to retain its historic significance.  Originally an eight-unit dwelling in Fuller Theological Seminary, it was converted into four condo units, two of which were designated for affordable housing, and moved to a new site in 2009. The back house is restored to its original design as well as a newly constructed studio unit on top of parking. It is the only Greene & Greene designed apartment still standing. This project earned a 2013 Historic Preservation Award from the Los Angeles Conservancy.
Awards and Recognition
2012 Historic Preservation Awards
Back to Top