Art Deco Morgan Adams Building along Wilshire Boulevard was designed by Richard D King in 1929 and was built to complement the retail in the immediate vicinity such as The Ambassador Hotel, The Gaylord’s HMS Bounty, Wilshire Galleria, The Bullock’s Wilshire Department Store, and Chapman Market. Morgan Adams Building’s warerooms were recognized as one of the most beautiful and most elite stores in the country and set the standards for high end commercial and retail spaces for its neighbors and future retail.
Timeline
1927: Parking structure built
1929: 3330 Wilshire Blvd built for Willard H George furrier and later the Penny Owsley Music Co
1960: After a fire burned down the eastern portion of the original Morgan Adams building, Penny Owsley built a mid-century concrete building in its place at 3324 Wilshire Blvd.
Late 1960s: Sherman Clay Pianos takes over original Morgan Adams building
Present day: The three-building complex was abandoned except for the original garage which was used as public parking. The buildings had since undergone many alterations and needed a thoughtful renovation to return these significant structures to be once again the most modern and beautiful retail and office building of Wilshire Blvd. JLA has turned it into a mixed-use building that includes twenty-two studio units comprising 3 buildings.
 
Back to Top